Friday, June 22, 2007

I’ve been away for a few days last week, sick for the next couple of days, and has had a writer’s block for as long as I can remember. It’s weird calling it writer’s block since I don’t even consider myself a writer, but I don’t know what else it is. I can’t draw for the life of me. I’m tone-deaf and can’t sing one decent tune. And I can’t even swing my hips to any music at all – that’s really eew once I think about it. Sad to say, being plain talent less is just sad, so I guess I just took to the one thing really easy to pretend that I’m good at, which is writing. Unlike drawing, singing or dancing, writing is the easiest way to go, it’s a bit relative compared to the former three. With writing, there’s no one to tell you that your drawing, your song or your dance, sucks. Well, there are some people who will tell you that, but then again, an essay or your written work is way easier to defend than again, the former three. Don’t ask me how that is, but it’s my excuse and the reason why I got to pretend to be a writer for that long. But if there is one thing that I am sure of, its how much I love the written word. I always get a high when writers – real ones at that, capture the essence of something that is otherwise ordinary. How these writers get to reel in their readers like me to hang on to their every word, feel every feeling they want to convey, and see even the most boring and mundane of things into something exciting and interesting. How they do all these and more is just beyond me.

For a while back, I’ve managed to convince myself that I am a writer. I even made it as my source of living. My works got the approval of clients, and even found its way into some publications. But I guess something happened along the way, and I kind of lost it. This is the first time I’ve admitted to this fact, it just feels time to finally come out and admit to it. I guess I’m still kind of hoping that I’ll get it back. I’m hoping that at some point in my life, I won’t be lazy enough to not write about everything that life throws at me. At this point though, I’m just tired enough having to deal with life and everything. So until then, we’ll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment